Today has been my first Wednesday in my Studio after starting my new hours. I am hopefully going to have every other Wednesday off work to do with as I please. This is what I have been up to today:
- Researching mechanisms that turn
- Playing with cardboard boxes and tubes
- Drinking huge amounts of tea
- Reading about book making
- Eating a halloumi and vegetable baguette from Greek restaurant Yiannis
- Making a sketch book
- Remembering ideas that I had forgotten about
Lettuce (one of my cats) is not happy at the idea of me cutting up her boxes so is having a sit in protest. The cardboard tube and two half boxes is the start of me making a turning mechanism. It is a lot more tricky than I thought but I am enjoying the challenge.
I am extremely pleased to work in a job that has this kind of flexibility and I’m glad I have finally found a way of using it to my benefit!